Wednesday, October 26, 2005

70's SPOTLIGHT: CYLONS ! !

I was never a big fan of Battlestar Galactica - although great name, heh - (and I'm referring to the original 70s TV show, not the craptastic abomination on the SciFi Channel right now).
However, I do give the creators props for the awesome Cylon Centurions!! They were the coolest villains on TV at the time. The silver armor (sometimes gold!) ... the awesome glowing red dot moving back and forth horizontally in their eye visors (pre Knight Rider KITT!)... and they had the absolute coolest wicked narly freaking voices (that,until a few years ago, the Atlanta Airport MARTA train used! I swear!). Plus, with the late 70's lighting, they were always sparkling like a disco ball - so very trippy indeed. The rest of the show was 'eh' at best. But I'd always tune in for the Cylons.

Also, didn't they used to be on a ride at Universal Studios, Los Angeles? Sweet.

Learn more fascinating Cylon information here.

No comments: