Friday, February 10, 2006

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: MINI-SERIES

Well, we started to watch the MINI-SERIES of the Battlestar Galactica show last night. Several people told me to give it another chance, and I truly did. I went into it with a completely open mind and dumped previous mental baggage from the original show. And, well... sigh.... It pains me to say this, but I will say it nonetheless - we both really enjoyed it. In fact, we ended up staying up late and watching the entire 4hour mini-series straight through. There, I said it. To quote Cmdr Adama when he's talking to the President, "You were right. I was wrong. Let's just leave it at that." It took a some slight manuevering to lock onto the frequency of the show. But once we did, it was a great ride. We plan on starting into Season 1 this weekend. Everyone's said the seasons are better than the mini-series. Cool. So far, I'm a convert. No need to gloat, I am now one of you. heh. Once I get caught up to date with the show, maybe I'll write an actual review.
-------------------
*thanks, Lisa!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Welcome aboard, Jim. We knew you would join us. Resistance is futile! Oh wait, that quote is from a different show...