Friday, February 10, 2006

JIMSMASH NETFLIX !

"Unlimited rentals!" BULLSHIT!! So now Netflix is penalizing "heavy renters"; those who return dvds quickly. The company's automated system identifies customers who are heavy renters and then begin to delay shipments to protect its profits. Also, Netflix shoves heavy renters to the back of the line for the most-wanted DVDs, so they can send those popular flicks to new subscribers and infrequent renters. I put "40 Year Old Virgin" in my queue right before it came out on DVD in mid-december. Usually, it will then ship when it is released, or at the worst, you'll have to wait a week. Well, its fucking February 10th today and its STILL set to "Very Long Wait." WTF? I went to Blockbuster instead finally last week, and told Netflix. Fucking bullshit. JIMSMASH!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's why I never signed up for that. I KNEW they could/would manipulate it so that "unlimited" rentals wouldn't actually occur.

Jim said...

Yeah, kinda shitty. However, with that said, I still like them. I've had a few instances here and there, but for the most part, I get my movies with 2 days. Only once has the super delay thing happened (40yr Old Virgin).

I was in a REAL bad mood yesterday, sorry for the harsh post, Netflix...but its still SHITTY you're doing it!!!!!