Tuesday, February 07, 2006

WHAT, ME WORRY ?

Man, I used to LOVE MAD Magazine! As a little kid, it was this somewhat taboo magazine parents looked down upon and didn't like it in the house. Atleast that's how MY dad felt (thank god Mom thought they were hilarious and would buy em for us!). I grew up in the late 70s/early 80s, so I'm quite fond of that Era of MAD myself. But really, anything from the 50s-80s is perfect low-brow brain warping material for the Youth. Unfortunately, the magazine went down hill in the late 80s, in my opinion. I haven't checked one out in years, though. But MAD just isn't MAD without Sergio Aragones and the brilliant Don Martin.

Click here to check out every single cover!

3 comments:

Doug Gilford said...

Link Change to Mad Cover Site:
www.madcoversite.com

Thank you so much...

Jim said...

link changed.
thanks!

Jason said...

MAD Magazine is awesome. I let my subscription run out a few issues before #500. My dad was actually the one who got me into MAD. Every time we went grocery shopping, and the new issue was on the stands, he would buy it as well as the lastest issue of Cracked magazine. About a year or two ago I purchased the first one we bought, on Ebay. It's the one with a lemon on the cover(I believe it says, "A real lemon of an issue), and it has a scratch and sniff Alfred E. Newman stamp on the lemon, that actually smells like real lemon.