Wednesday, March 15, 2006

PIXAR'S DOC HOLLYWOOD 2

Pixar's new upcoming movie CARS (opening June 9th - yay my birthday!) got a huge positive reaction at this year's ShoWest. If you haven't heard about it, the story goes like this: up-and-coming race car Lightning McQueen, learns to savor life in the slow lane after becoming trapped in a once-thriving Route 66 town that the freeway bypassed and the world forgot.

Um, is this an animated remake of DOC HOLLYWOOD??? *Yawn* Well, atleast it has NASCARs, buck-tooth southern stereotypes and a soundtrack by Sheryl Crow. ugh. Anyone else completely uninterested in this one? Now to be fair, its PIXAR, and they haven't failed me in the past. So I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. When I first heard of NEMO, I thought it sounded horrible and I quite enjoyed that one (albeit only the Marlin/Dory scenes). So I will go see this one to help support PIXAR. But come on... a movie about a talking NASCAR? It looks like Doc Hollywood meets Days of Thunder meets the Chevron claymation commercials.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Boy, I'm going to get some flack for this one from the ole SCAD gang!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah screw them,
go see Over the Hedge instead