Wednesday, March 15, 2006

SOPRANOS SEASON 6 BEGINS

The first episode of the new (and apparent last) season of the SOPRANOS was this past sunday. It's been, what, 2 years since the previous season? I was afraid I had lost interest in the show and it just wouldn't work coming back on television after such a long hiatus. Well thankfully, I was wrong. While I've been "eh" about seasons 4 and 5, this new season started off great! It was fun to see all the characters again, even if they only made a brief cameo. I love that after all we went through with Carmella in the last season, she totally caved in and was bought off. It was wonderful to see her break out of the mafia wife shell, but its also nice to see her back in the saddle again. I also enjoyed seeing her with new porsche opposite Pussy's widow who is now making it on her own legitimately and driving her own corvette, as well as opposite Jenny who doesn't seem to really care that she and John are having to sell their possessions while he's in jail. I hate to be "that guy" but I totally called the ending of the episode about 15-minutes in. I can't wait to see what happens next!! Also, does this season feel kind of like season 1 in that a "changing of the guard" is in the air - that its time for a new Class to graduate up to the Top, much like Tony and crew did at the beginning?? Anyway, the season has started off kicking ass; well written, shot, etc. Once again, my sundays belong to the Sopranos!!!!!

No comments: