Friday, April 14, 2006

HOPPY EASTER

EASTER IS ALMOST HERE!
Which means nothing really (to me atleast).
But there was a chocolate bunny on my desk this morning! Sweet.
Hey, check out this card that was being sold at Target:


Man, I love "Oriental" jokes, don't you? Especially when its for kids. It's never too late to teach our Youth racial stereotypes (very important in the 21st Century). But these people are amateurs - the card is supposed to be a Haiku, which is a form of Japanese poetry, but the buck-tooth, slant-eyed bunny is dressed in Chinese garbs. Hel-looo!! Oh, maybe its a general stab at all Asians, since we look the same. *shrug* Also, the inside of the card says "Hoppy Easter." NICE!!!

This reminds me of the Abercrombie & Fitch t-shirt a few years ago. It had 2 Chinese men wearing rice hats with the caption "Two Wongs Don't Make A White." *sigh*

Best thing? As I'm typing this I can hear some jackass coworker nearby doing an "Oriental" impression as he's bashing a Japanese coworker behind her back. If you'll excuse me now, I have to go enlighten someone. And by "enlighten", I mean shove my umbrella up his ass.

JIM SMASH!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give him steel!

Lisa said...

Shove it WAY up, then open it.

Some people are SO feable minded.