Tuesday, April 11, 2006

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN MUSICAL

How could Mel Brooks top making The Producers into a musical stage show? Why, by bringing YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN to the stage, silly!! Brooks said he is currently in the middle of writing the score, including a song for scary Frau Blucher, played in the original movie by Cloris Leachman. He also gave a snippet of the lyrics thus far:

"He vus my boyfriend/He vould come home in a snit/He vould have a terrible fit/I am the first thing he vould hit/But I didn't give a s--t/He vus my boyfriend."

Brooks also said the show will have a black-and-white set, with all the mists, moodiness and laughs of the original movie, plus songs. Pretty sweet. However, it's just not going to be the same without the original cast.

Igor, would you mind telling me whose brain I did put in?
And you won't be angry?
I will NOT be angry.
Abby someone.
Abby someone. Abby who?
Abby Normal.
Abby Normal?
I'm almost sure that was the name.

No comments: