Monday, March 19, 2007

WIZARD WORLD LOS ANGELES

Woo and I were able to hit the WIZARD WORLD LA saturday and I managed to get the exclusive ARCHANGEL DEATHMASK Bust by Bowen (limited 1,000 pieces)! Archangel was my favorite character (before they reverted him back to normal boring Angel), so I'm stoked. I already have the normal Archangel bust, but this one has the neat Horseman of Apocalypse helmet and folded-in wings. Bowen signed it, too. Sweet. My previous ARCHANGEL WAS COOL post

I also ran into LEN WEIN, co-creator of WOLVERINE, and he signed my UNCANNY X-MEN MASTERWORKS HC and my old reprint of HULK #180 & 181 (Wolverine's 1st appearance). So that was cool. And I totally dropped the ball and missed out on getting the FIN FANG FOOM Giant Heroclix. At first I didn't want it, but then regretted it the next day. I was THIS close to being in my hands on sunday, but Fate had other plans. Thanks (again) to Dylan, for trying!KISS was there, too, promoting their ridiculous GIANT comic (officially now the World's larges according to Guinness World Records). I was super excited to get my DESTROYER album signed as I used to stare at that artwork all the time as a wee lad. They had a huge influence on my life. So it was a total bummer to find out they weren't signing anything except the comic. If a fan brought something else up, they wouldn't sign it. Well, sometimes Paul would when the Platinum Studios guy wasn't looking (they were contractually held by Platinum NOT to sign anything but the promotional comic). But Gene was a total dick and would just cross his arms and look away until you took it away. What a bunch of douchebags. They say they owe everything to the super support of their fans, but then refuse to sign any of their previous purchased merchandise... even if you bought their giant $50 comic or $80 poster set. Atleast Paul tried to be cool, polite and somewhat professional about it. Thanks again to the fine folks of Golden Apple Comics for hosting the signing! It was till very cool! But Gene can suck it (he IS the Demon, ya know?).

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Is it true that DC Comics didn't have a booth there?

Jim said...

I didn't see a DC or Marvel booth there, actually. It was kind of nice - more vendors, less big companies taking up space like Comicon.

Lisa said...

I saw a pic of the Marvel booth on CBR. I know DC had some panels, but I didn't see any pictures of their booth and had heard from someone else that they didn't have a booth.