Monday, June 18, 2007

MOVIE REVIEW: FANTASTIC FOUR 2

I swore I would avoid this movie and NOT contribute financially. However, JimSmash was invited to a free FOX Screening so I attended. Overall, I actually enjoyed watching it! I know, right?! Now, by no means is this a good film nor is it a good FF film. But, it is a fun lighthearted ride for kids under 12. And its much better than the first movie which I put on the shelf with Catwoman.

They still didn't nail ANY of the characters, but most of them are greatly improved upon since the first FF. The Silver Surfer is cool, but I still wanted to see the Kirby/Buscema version. Still, his movie counterpart was alot of fun and he never said anything like "hang 10" or some shit like that, which I was afraid of. And while Galactus is technically shown as a large cosmic storm cloud, you DO see glimpses of his helmet and face... so he's IN THERE, you just don't see him in all his glory. I will accept that.

Watching FF2 was alot of fun... I think I actually liked it better than Spiderman 3. But that may not be saying much. Definite guilty pleasure, since it is indeed a bad movie. Catch a matinee and be sure to order a large popcorn and soda! Just remember that the comic book is much much better, and those actors are loosely interpretting the real characters. Jessica Alba is terrible.

Way better than FF1, Batman & Robin and Catwoman....
On par with Spidey3 and X-men3... more or less.
Great Made-For-TV-Movie.

This review lacked. Apologies.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

We opted to not see it this weeked because we wanted to be like JimSmash- who swore he'd not see it. Well that and the movie prices just went up again and we were feeling cheap.

Glad to hear that it wasn't horrible.

Jim said...

Hahaha.
Hey, in my defense I saw it for free.
Catch a matinee at best... otherwise, a rental or illegal download ;)