Wednesday, July 18, 2007

STALLONE TERMINATOR

I'm a fan of early Stallone, meaning late 70s and early-mid 80s. One thing Stallone brings to the table is that cold hard stare he can bust out... like say when Rocky is going into the ring with the eye of the tiger. As a kid, I always thought Stallone would have made a good Terminator. This is before T2 came out (and the poopstorm that was T3) and turned the Terminators into chatty cathys. No, I'm talking about the silent cold killer from the first one. During Reese's flashback in T1, I thought Stallone could have been the Terminator that infiltrates the human's underground hideout. And, as a teen, I wouldn't have minded him being in T2 as another T-800 fighting against Arnold.... with little-to-NO dialogue! Again, let me say again: with little-to-NO dialogue! No one-liners or signs of emotion. I'm talking pure VISUALS here. I also know I'm probably standing alone on this one. But that's ok. In my mind, its awesome.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Note1: In "Last Action Hero", you can see a cardboard cutout for T2 but with Stallone on the bike. Nice!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Note2: Check it... I'm repeating myself a bit... this is a pic I made last year:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i would agree with you,..buut if Stallone would have been cast as a terminator in the flashback, then my boy Franco Columbo wouldn't have gotten the part. You can also see Franco in Conan,..he's the tatooed tracker who sits on the rock as Doom's horde charges into Conan's village.
-They were/are really good freinds from Arnold's BodyBuilding days (see Pumping Iron)
What WOULD have been cool, is if Stalone appeared as a Terminator in the second film.

Jim said...

heh, I figured you'd stand up for Franco, which is fine... he was awesome in that flashback. Yeah, I like to think Stallone would have been a good T-1000 or another T-800.

Anonymous said...

Did you just say "chatty cathy"?!! *giggle* You're so cute!