Thursday, October 11, 2007

NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA IS EMBARRASSING

I love Marvel. Statistically speaking, they're my favorite Comics. But they have this habit of destroying a good thing. They never learn from their, or others', mistakes of the past.

Case in point, behold the "New Captain America" (note: its NOT Steve Rogers, who remains dead....for now). It's designed by ALEX ROSS, who I normally praise. But this new design is awful. It's downright embarrassing. I can't look at it. Plus, its a rehash of his unused SPIDERMAN Movie design. But seriously, this is 90s Liefeld embarrassing bad.

Just when I was really really digging Captain America...

*Click on images to enlarge and mock*

*Cap's new look, by Alex Ross: *Impact Comics' "The Shield", Alex Ross Cap, Alex Ross Movie Spiderman:*Past costume redesign embarrassments:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Jim, don't change heroes for the worst. I think this costume is poopy poops. I love Alex Ross, but this sucks. Really not a good idea. Why don't they just write better stories instead of doing this crap. Sounds like it's almost time to kill Superman.........again.

Looks like the Captian America for the 5th Element....

Ha!

Lisa said...

And that gun - it appears to be welded to his hand. I guess I could learn to accept a soldier carrying a gun, even though Cap Steve Rogers was so against it. But does it have to be so prominent that it's shown in every photo as if it was attached to his palm?

Who do you think it is, anyway? I'm saying Bucky.

Anonymous said...

This is Awesome Comics bad....
Poopy Smacks

spaceJASE said...

SUXOR

Robiscus said...

...and here i was thinking that my previous rant in here against Alex Ross was bitter and spiteful. i no longer have such misgivings.

Anonymous said...

Dude.. the gun.. and a knife?! Okay, so he was a soldier, right? But who the f-bomb is he going to be fighting that his .45 is going to hurt? I mean, this guy fights the Hulk sometimes!! You tell me he is packing heat so he can deal with street thugs?! That is what the Shield and super strength is for!

"Oh, damn. Dr. Doom is somehow unaffected by my lead bullets. Blast, if only I had something stronger, like admantium, to hit him with."

Beyond the costume design, it is just stupid to imply that the character would even need to carry a gun (or knife). Again, his weapon is the Shield. Much stronger than bullets.

wtf, marvel. why not give him a bazooka & a crime fighting van.

Anonymous said...

looks like this is the Captain America they should have killed...