Monday, March 24, 2008

THINKING TOO MUCH ABOUT SNAKE-EYES' PANTS

Fanboys are never happy. They bitch and moan and nitpick stuff to death! While one fan may be pleased, there is surely always another fanboy that is raging. It's really quite annoying.

So the other day I was talking about the SNAKE-EYES movie costume (got some flack for my 7 rating, too!) and I was thinking about those darn commando pants. Then it dawned on me that the FIRST Snake-Eyes figure (pre-Ninja) wore "baggy" military pants! So check it out.....
The RAY PARK Snake-Eyes is a combination of the first two Snake-Eyes! From the waist up is VERSION 2 (albeit the 2001 version 2 version), and the waist down is VERSION 1. A nice amalgam to appease all Snake-Eyes fans, me thinks!

"But Jim, what about the fans who prefer Snake-Eyes version 3-33?"

"Well, those fans are stupid-heads. And more importantly, wrong. Thereby they do not matter, silly." (seriously, v3-up are pretty lame)
------

Here's a pic to further visually demonstrate the amalgamnessisness!
[Snake-Eyes Version-01 pants with Version-02 top!]

While I personally still prefer the awesome flawlessness of the "Ninja" Snake-Eyes, I'm starting to dig the "Ray Park" version for the movie. But it really comes down to how the costume is lit, shot and used.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I will say, Jim, you know your shit sometimes. A little bit scary at times, but we wouldn't have it any other way! GO JIMSMASH!

Scott King said...

I really don't know much about movies or how they are made or anything. But my instinct is telling me they are going to use the Snake-Eyes costume by having Snake-Eyes wear it. ...just a guess.

hehehe

Jim said...

Hahaha, alright smartass! ;)

What I meant was if it looks cool when Ray Park is doing action stuff.... how they make use of it.

A costume can look cool in concept, but then silly on screen if handled poorly.

Scott King said...

I knew thats what you meant. I was just being a smartass. :)

Actually until I read this post I didn't realize Ray Parks was Snake-Eyes. That suggests he won't have any speaking lines, right?

Jim said...

Hehehe...

Let's hope he doesn't have any speaking lines! Rumors are his character's "taken an oath of silence" opposed to being a mute due to horrific injuries from war.

Jim said...

.... then again, he had speaking lines as Toad in X-Men....

Scott King said...

http://www.accesshollywood.com/article/8868/g-i-joe-live-action-movie-details-revealed/
GI Joe story details in case you haven't seen that yet.

Anonymous said...

JimSmash should have been onset as an advisor!!

And after looking at your many Star Wars posts, you should have been in charge of the prequels, too!

(cool blog!)