Monday, March 24, 2008

WHEN ANIMALS ATTACK.....PREDATORS

Many years ago I attended DragonCon in Atlanta. There, writer Kevin J. Anderson spoke about his then-upcoming PREDATOR comic from Dark Horse where the main Predator fights a Grizzly Bear.

No, seriously, that was the story.... Predator vs Bear. He said he got the idea while camping with his family. But really? A Predator story where it fights a bear? I thought it was a lame idea and left the panel to go pursue other geeky things. It stuck with me all these years, of having a Predator vs Bear story out there... that someone at Dark Horse heard this pitch and approved it! Maybe its just me.

Anyway, someone must have been inspired by that story and have written a new Predator novel. Predator vs SNAKE!

The novel revolves around various "hardcore" hunters from around the world gathering in China to hunt exotic animals. Ok, so the story is about the Predator hunting hunters... but why the lame Predator vs Snake cover? All that does is make me laugh and then walk away angry at the further destruction of a once-great concept. A large snake is hardly a threat to a Predator. The next novel should have a picture of a Predator running around swatting at mosquitoes. (novel info)


I know I smash alot of things to the point of people thinking I'm just white noise... but come one, surely I don't stand alone on this one?!!! Anyone??
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Note: Just wanted to point out that the Predator Vs Snake cover art uses the Predator armor from AVP..... looks like taken from the moment the Predator... sigh... catches the chestburster in mid-air and snaps it's neck...sigh... and then cocks his head in "That's right! I'm a bad mutherfucker!"attitude.... sigh...

6 comments:

allen etter said...

I just puked in my beer. I thought you had photoshopped these horrors by whores. A bear?!?! Can't he just shoot it? A snake? A FREAKIN' SNAKE!?!? Snake Pliskin maybe, but a SNAKE! A whole comic book just to kill a snake? No way!

Jim said...

Wow, you were fast getting to JimSmash, Allen! I accidently posted it while typing, so the description about the novel's plot wasn't in there when you left your comment. But your comment still holds!!

Ooooh, Predator vs Plisken... you just put it out there into the Collective, man!

Anonymous said...

predator vs. Pumpkinhead man,.....that's next,Then Predator vs Chewbacca (takes place when he was a young wookie going thru the ritual of manhood with his other young tribesmen(never heard of it,..but that never stopped anyone)umctdn),.after that comes Predator vs Jason..then,...PB&J,..Predator, Brodie and JAWS!!!!!,..fuckin sweet man,..i can't wait. I'm putting themnout there JIM,..sorry...

allen etter said...

Predator vs Vader
Predator vs Tim and Mike (SPACED)
Predator vs Scarface (say hello to my little friend!)
Predator vs The Brothers Strause

Just some more ideas...

But really, the best would be PVP with Plisken coming out on top.

Jim said...

yes, but then we'd get the Predplissken, that has an eye patch and 5o'clock shadow!

allen etter said...

ewww.