Friday, June 27, 2008

JIMSMASH CASTING COUCH: XAVIER & MAGNETO

Don't get me wrong, I think Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen did ok jobs, but they felt "off" to me; McKellen being the most off-the-mark from his comic-counterpart, especially in X2 ("We luuuv what you've done with your hair, *snicker*"). Magento: Master of Magnetism, Leader of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, The X-Men's most dangerous enemy.... he is not.

Before the movies were even a thought, I had always thought the roles should go to BEN KINGSLEY and TERENCE STAMP. I think Kingsley has that odd, slightly uncomfortable, creepy cerebral manner about him that would suit Professor X. And Stamp has that amazing, commanding voice! So there you have it... my choices for the X-MEN movie.

Previous JimSmash Casting Couch:
*Highlander Remake
* Black Panther
* Nick Fury
* Deadpool
* Cobra Commander
Quasi-Casting Couch:
* Obi-Wan Kenobi - Age 45
* General Zod

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KAL , son of Jor-El
KNEEEEEL BEFORE ZOD

(couldnt resist , Jim ^__^ )


agreed =]

Anonymous said...

BRILLIANT CASTING!!!!!!