Wednesday, September 24, 2008

CAPTAIN BRITAIN'S COSTUMES

I've always dug CAPTAIN BRITAIN'S costumes - both original 1970s and the Alan Davis/Excalibur version of the 1980s. In 2006, artist MICHAEL RYAN modified the costume. I freaking LOVED it! So much, in fact, I started buying the crappy comic it resided in - "New Excalibur"... which has since been cancelled.

So I was stoked when a new title, "CAPTAIN BRITAIN & MI:13" came out! And it was pretty fun... for a few issues. Then they went and changed Michael-Ryan's-kickass costume again with some crappy version that looks to me like a BRYAN HITCH design.

Is that a Union Jack bib over a leotard??

Ugh, I hate it. So much, in fact, that I'm going to be dropping the title. The main appeal has just been ditched. Boo.

I want a Captain Britain title with M.Ryan's design:If they were ever to make a Captain Britain live-action movie, this costume works perfectly as is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Michael Ryan costume was great. Why did they change it? Marvel sucks sometimes.