Monday, May 10, 2010

DEATH OF A FANTASY GOD: FRANK FRAZETTA

It is with the utmost sadness that I post of the passing of painter FRANK FRAZETTA today.

He was, and shall always remain, the absolute best fantasy art painter. When I think of Fantasy... when I think of Conan... when I think of fantastical Sci-Fi... when I think of absolute Cool.... when I think of perfect paintings of imagination & adventure.... I think of FRANK FRAZETTA.

I am simply unable to properly convey with justice the tremendous respect and admiration I have of his work, nor the deep sadness I am feeling today. Below are some of his outstanding work that has immensely influenced me since the early days of childhood.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Frazetta. You continue to inspire Generations.

FRANK FRAZETTA
1928-2010

7 comments:

dr. lazarus said...

NOOOOOO!!!!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

The guy was a true legend !!!!

DanO said...

He DEFINED the genre.

(and in my opinion stands right there among Winslow Homer and NC Wyeth)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

My letter to Frank Frazetta

Jim said...

Nice.

Anonymous said...

I am saddened by this news as well. Strangely enough, I was staring with pride this morning as I strapped my boots on, at my 40"x60" original numbered Mad Max movie poster and wondering how old Frank was now...crazy.