Thursday, May 27, 2010

USED BOOKSTORE SCORE: ALIENS BOOK 1

I was at a used bookstore the other day and found this 1st printing of Dark Horse's ALIENS: Book One trade paperback for $4! I already have a copy, from when I bought it back in '88 when it came out. But I rarely ever see this 1st printing available so I grabbed it cause I'm obsessed. I love this collection for various reasons, one being that later reprints are colored which I find diminishes the gorgeous black & white artwork by Mark A. Nelson. The book is awesome.

1 comment:

Astroluc (Find me on Tumblr and Instagram @Astroluc) said...

I completely agree about the b&w vs. color... (I still have my first print, rather worn :P)

I also like the direction they went with the characters (which is to say, the did not just die offscreen between movies like in...), since this was pre-Alien3...