Tuesday, July 06, 2010

FANART FRIDAY: McQUARRIE VADER & STORMTROOPERS

I know its not Friday, but I couldn't wait to post this....

Dig this painting by DANIEL JAMES COX. He posts on his blog:
"I always wondered what the opening scene of Star Wars would have looked like with Ralph McQuarrie's original designs, so i painted this sketch up."
Pretty sweet! McQuarrie Vader AND Lightsaber Wielding Stormtroopers... aboard the TANTIVE IV! I need to see a fullly animated original trilogy done completely in McQuarrie's style.

Funny side note: When I stumbled upon this pic, I started reading the comments. And there, 2nd comment down, was JimSmash Friend ANDREW GLAZEBROOK! Ha!

[McQuarrie's Darth Vader Concept Design]

In related news....
Gentle Giant's SDCC 2010 exclusive bust is
The McQuarrie Darth Vader!!!

Apparently it will come with 3 interchangeable heads:
Must.
Have.

1 comment:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I'm like a bad rash Jim, I get everywhere !!!!! That is such a cool piccy, I love the retro stuff like this !!!