Monday, August 30, 2010

I WANT A FRANK QUITELY LEGIONNARIE BOOK

I saw the cover to Superman/Batman #75 by FRANK QUITELY and got all giddy at his LEGIONNAIRES on the bottom! Quitely is really hit-or-miss with me... sometimes I truly dislike his work, other times I'm blown away by it. With the above, I'm obviously a fan. It instantly made me wish for a monthly LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES done by Quitely.... maybe with Grant Morrison on writing chores??

Morrison could definitely handle the weird, imaginitive quirkiness required... but I'm not sure he can write the fun, light-heartedness that is Legion. I'll stop there before I full-on geek out.

Anyway, a Quitely Legion would rule.

2 comments:

Bubbashelby said...

I'd buy it.

Unkiedev said...

I LOVE Quitely. Always have. I accept that he draws the same, weird lumpy face over and over again because he knocks the rest of the ball into outer space.