Wednesday, September 08, 2010

ALIENS BLURAY VS DVD COMPARISONS

Brendon Connelly posts over at BleedingCool:

"I’ve spent the last week with the incredible Alien Anthology Blu-ray set and loved every hour. I’m not yet allowed to tell you much about it, but, in the meantime, here’s some proof of how well James Cameron’s Aliens Special Edition has been remastered. Consider those old doubts allayed.

I’m going to alternate captures from the new Blu-ray and those from the DVD. You won’t be confused as to which is which."

Looks pretty! But not what I've known & loved for all these many years. It will/could be a new viewing experience... almost a new film in itself; like when I made the switch from vhs to dvd backwhen. Although in some ways, based on those pics above, it looks like how I see/remember the film in my head. Weird. I'm looking forward to watching ALIEN & ALIENS on bluray.

*thanks, Phillip D!!!

7 comments:

Valkaad said...

From those pics, I kinda like the DVD look more. It looks more gritty/realistic. Blue Ray looks a little too clean and brightly lit.
Just my two cents.

Jim said...

I hear ya!... I'm on the fence...

Andrew Glazebrook said...

The shot with the flame thrower really reminds me of what they did with the final cut of Blade Runner and the blu tint thing !! See my post here ! Blade Runner DVD
As for the Blu-rays, I only really want Alien and Aliens and all the extra stuff, don't really want to have to buy the other 2, but I suppose I'll have to to get the extra discs !!! :(

dylan said...

hmm looking at it again after your fb post Andrew, they do seem to have orange and tealed it up a bit. Getting very sick of this colour combo in Hollywood lately. Part of why I liked Inception so much the colouring didn't look to have been overly digatally fixed.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Check ou the bottom shot here and how much more blue it looks !!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/18187/incredible-aliens-restoration-blu-ray-caps

Jim said...

some shots I prefer the old, others the blueray version.

Anonymous said...

you se pics but you dont talk abobut sound qualiti the bluray use to have 96 kHzb and dvd under 48kHz so bluray is better we can not hear mor than 20kHz and bluray use 24 bit useless is better to have dvd that is under 20 bit all about 20 bit is ussless se in the internet