Monday, June 13, 2011

MAINSTREAM, MEET TOMAR-RE!!

I gotta say, I love seeing these posters of TOMAR-RE posted around Los Angeles. They could have gone in countless directions with this movie... like a more lame "realistic" approach that most comic movies go for... but I will hand it to them - they went for visual imagination and included Tomar-Re, in all his crazy weird beak-fish'd glory! I'll be kinda sad when these posters aren't part of my morning commute into work.

....I'm still not excited for this film - I like Ryan Reynolds, but he just doesn't fit the role AT ALL.... um, but I like this Tomar-Re poster.

(and Kilowog looks lame)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this has got to be the most over-advertised movie in history. seriously. i mean, Green Lantern DORITOS? ...among other things?!? ...including the OVERSATURATION of all the toys?!? DC dropped the ball on this one, as there isn't a movie in history that can handle the hype & i kinda don't anticipate this one being anything THAT much better than Thor.

...which was a great movie and all, but nowhere near as good as First Class.

...which literally had zero toys. Thor toys still all over the shelves w/ a bunch of green shit overtaking them & the only Xmen toys, w/ ALL of THOSE characters, are ToysRus exclusive minimates.

wtf are all these people thinking.

Anonymous II said...

well,.. Tim Buton's Batman whored it's self out pretty bad. I think that was the first movie I remember having a fast food franchise ( Taco Bell) promote a movie.

and they probably did to do it to TRY and make back some of the obscene amount of money they blew making this movie. Seriously,..who was the brain box who thought it would be a great idea to spend the majority of time and recources on a Full body/face replacement for the costume? really????, you couldn't have gone with a practicle suit and used that pile of cash more wisely??,....f'n idiots.....
-gottaa love Hollywood.....