Wednesday, October 10, 2012

WHINING ABOUT AQUAMAN

AQUAMAN #15 will have a new artist - ARDIAN SYAF. Like many fans, I'm excited & nervous to see the new art. So of course DC has Eddie Burrows (Nightwing) do the cover. New rule: the interior artist must also draw the...
cover, damnit... like they used to. Anyway, Syaf did "Flashpoint: Emperor Aquaman" #1 and all three covers. From what I've seen, his art is very similar to Andy Kubert's art. I don't like Andy Kubert's art. And I didn't care for 'Emperor Aquaman'... on any level (separate rant). I don't think I'll be buying Aquaman anymore, but I'll flip through #15 to make final decision. I really want a great Aquaman book. I've been underwhelmed and disappointed with the Johns/Reis run thus far (which I seem to stand alone on). I miss Patrick Gleason drawing Aquaman. Hmmm, kinda liking that Aquaman #15 cover - diggin' that collar design... It's reminiscent of gills, without actually giving him gills (which would be lame). Hmm, maybe DC should have Eddie Burrows do the interior as well. Also, I miss the orange in Aquaman's costume - its currently being colored yellow. Yeah, I think I'm gonna drop this book and wait for the next incarnation. Which if History is any indicator, will be sooner rather than later. Whine, whine, whine...
 
*originally posted on Facebook

1 comment:

jedispyder said...

Ardian Syaf has been working on the new Batgirl and the art is very good. Action shots are pretty nice and a great use of depth during deep action.

Wonder if that means we'll get a new artist on Batgirl?