Thursday, June 19, 2014

BOSSK / DOCTOR WHO / RAF


This is cool... while I had known about the costume/suit/Bo Shek (what Stars Wars fan doesn't, right?) , I did not know it was also used in Doctor Who, nor did I ever make the effort to look at the real suit. Thanks to those who are not lazy like I am.

via kotaku:
One the right is the bounty hunter Bossk from The Empire Strikes Back. One the left, a character from the 60's Doctor Who serial The Tenth Planet. In fact, Doctor Who didn't create the uniform either...
The suit is a High-Altitude Windak Pressure Suit used by the RAF in the 60's:


And Bossk wasn't the only Star Wars character to wear the suit. A-Wing pilots and cantina denizen Bo Shek wore it different colors:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that's actually the same suit as worn by the A-Wing pilot.