Thursday, February 12, 2015

MATTRESS OF SOLITUDE


One of the greatest production designs I've seen on television was on a Season 3 episode of 'KEY & PEELE' with "THE MATTRESS OF SOLITUDE". As I was watching the skit, I kept giving mad props to whoever designed the amazing Superman Bed.

While searching for the clip to post, I discovered that it was designed by Production Designer GARY KORDAN and built by the KEY & PEELE ART DEPARTMENT. Well done!! In fact, I now want a Mattress of Solitude!

Sadly, here is the only clip I could find online... its one of the worst hand-recorded things I've ever seen (almost deserving a post itself), but if you can look past the poor quality and heavy mouth breathing, you'll find a funny skit with an amazingly designed and executed Superman bed!



And here is a sketch of the Mattress of Solitude, by Gary Kordan:


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want this bed as well

Unknown said...

How can I get one of those made and how much would I be looking at not at