Saturday, August 05, 2017

SIMO SOL: CLASH AT SNAKE MOUNTAIN


Another amazing piece by SIMO SOL, who says:

It's my recreation of page 5 of the classic minicomic "Masks Of Power" (1983) as a huge oil painting 80/120 cms (about 31,5 x 47,2 inches). The original art was made by Alfredo Alcala.


For the first time I created Snake Mountain as well as the beloved characters Fisto, Trap Jaw and Mer-Man - and again I included many eastereggs, hommages and extras. Just to mention two hommages to very important artists, who have passed away recently: 

- I inserted several elements from William George's artwork. The little animal in the left corner and the Battle Cat are two of them for example. Thanks, William! 

- I created Fisto and He-Man as a hommage to Bud Spencer and Terence Hill, 
who will always have a place in my heart. The two characters are not painted as obvious portraits, but the influences are significant.

 

No comments: